Saturday, October 14, 2006

Life decisions

Oh my goodness - its been nearly a week already, and I haven't done a post. Time for a quick catch up before I race off to finish the mundane chores so that I can get stuck into some stamping.

Life decisions...we all wrestle with them at some stage or another, this has certainly been a week of introspection for me. I have decided that I cannot live my working life on 'maybes' and 'promises' anymore, it's about time that I stood up for me and my family. Where I have been working has been making me physically ill each day that I have to go in (from the stress of being there), and then by the time I get home I'm so tired and cranky that the kids and my long suffering DH just cop it all - all the stress and frustrations that build up during the day. This is so not fair to be doing this to the people that I love - decisions HAD to be made. So I have made the decision to leave there, not sure exactly when at this stage - but it will be no longer than 3 more months. Phew. Big sigh of relief.

Since making this decision the world has seemed clearer. There is an end in sight. Now, the sun shines again. The birds are chirping. I'm loving sitting down and spending time with my children. I'm talking to DH nicely again (well, he still frustrates me sometimes, but for the most part he's a darling). I'm feeling that life CAN be fun. Even finding out that a 'friend' has been quite ruthless and ...well, lets just say "fluid" with the truth.... while its hurt, I'm getting over it.

Perspective can be a marvellous thing can't it?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, bet you feel like a weight has been lifted from your shoulders after making that decision Aunty.

Chin up and look after your family.

Anonymous said...

You sound sooo much happier already. God on you gal! It's nice to just 'enjoy' your family isn't it - and so hard to do most of the time when your head is elsewhere....

Unknown said...

Big hugs babe ... hope that things continue to look brighter!! Life's hard enough without extra burdens - work or personal ones. Luv ya!!

fleurie said...

awesome tracie...all the best for your future endeavours

Anonymous said...

well done Tracey, it's a big decision, but you'll be fine :)
{{big hugs}}

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracey

What a great decision you've made. I am so glad you've made it, you are better than those who've been making your life a misery, hugs and love to you lots and lots!
Wirgie

Anonymous said...

Making decisions is sometimes the biggest part, now you have made it the rest will follow much easier wait and see....