Friday, February 02, 2007

Back in the Saddle

Woo Hoo!!!

I've finally managed to create something - I've had a very slow lean few months lately - haven't been in the 'brain space' to create much of anything..... but I've had a lovely couple of days getting out some stamps and inks and playing. I got a stack of swaps finished (will be posted today to those that are waiting on me)... only one more to go and then I'm done!

Anyway, I'm pretty pleased with how this card turned out, this is the first time I've done this technique too.



The stamp set used is one of the four FREE sets that you can earn through SellAbration. This is the Delight in Life set.
The technique is emboss resist - and I've just discovered how easy it is! You stamp the images in Versamark onto gloss card and clear emboss them. Then sponge Classic inks over the top, and the embossed images will resist the ink. Thats IT! Easy peasy!
Colours used: Tempting Turquoise, Cameo Coral and So Saffron
Cardstock: as above plus confetti white
The corners are created with a little trick I learnt using the slit punch (thanks Alisa!) you just pop the corners in the centre of the semi circle, punch away and voila - little curved corners! I love this punch, there seems to be so many ways to use it! Great value for $9.50 I reckon.

Then the whole thing is finished off with a couple of contrasting strips of cardstock with some distressing and paper piercing.....the little holes seem to lift most things!

Sorry about the wonky photo, my scanner refuses to work at the moment, and I'm not sure of the technicalities of removing the 'bloat' from the centre of the photo.

I'll post in a little bit the main reason why I've been able to play.... I actually had a clean up!!! Will be showing you some before and after pics soon!

Also, keep an eye out - I'll be having a competition very soon.....

6 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This card looks so terrific and springy...great for me here in Calgary where it was -21 today!

Deborah said...

Great card. I think that stamp set is quite versatile too.

Great to see you posting. :)

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic Tracey, an OMG she uses Cameo Coral LOL

Tracey said...

LOL Alisa - yes I did - and I had an awful time trying to find some here *wink*

Anonymous said...

Ohh love it Trace - glad to see the mojo has returned to you

Claire said...

Love it Tracey! Those colours work beautifully together. You are very clever! I also spied a gorgeous layout on that desk of yours too!