Wednesday, May 02, 2007

My news!

My big news….

Well a few of you already know about this, but I had to wait until it was ‘official’ to put it out here for all to see (well for anyone that happens to read this anyway!)…. I have finally quit my job!!!!

Yep, as of Monday just gone I am now officially ‘unemployed’. It was a really hard decision for me to make, but the workplace that I was in was a ‘toxic’ environment with quite a lot of not-so-nice people that really made my time there a living hell. I will miss some people there, I worked there for just on 12 years and have made some very good friends there….but the nastiness had gotten to me so much that I was being physically ill each day before I walked into the lab. As you can imagine this had become very stressful on both me and my family – I tend to take out situations like this on my nearest and dearest, and it truly was taking its toll on both my marriage and my interactions with my children. So as of the end of January I have been on long service leave to work out what was best for us all, and after much soul searching and discussion with my long-suffering husband, we really felt that there was no alternative but for me to leave. We both believe that this was the trigger that started me down the long dark road of depression as well – and there was absolutely no point in me returning to the place just as I’m starting to see that life really isn’t all about black clouds and short tempers.

While this is a very scary time for me (this is the first time since I was 15 that I haven’t had a regular steady job), I’m feeling quite hopeful that there are much better things on the horizon for us all. I’m already starting to regain a loving relationship with my 9 year old son, am enjoying the time I spend with my 2 year old daughter, and am actually talking to my husband – really talking – for the first time in a long time.

And of course this gives me more time, and much more positivity (if that’s a word?) towards my career as a Stampin’ Up! business woman! My head is in such a better place already. The weight has lifted off my chest. I can breathe again.

5 comments:

Steph said...

At that is awesome news. Ive been in a toxic job too and when you think about just how much time you spend at that place its REALLY unhealthy.

well done on making the right decision :) love you lots

Anonymous said...

Yay for you AT...

Narelle said...

Good on you for having the courage to leave! There is definately something much better for you out there!

Anonymous said...

Oh well done Traci -- welcome to the land of SAHM's that are never at home

Cheers
Flea

Deborah said...

It's super good that you were able to leave that toxic environment. It usually is a hard decision ( as people are creatures of habit and not all of us like change ). Anything that makes us not feel good is bad for us and we all need the courage to leave / change things for the better. So you've done very well there and with the less stress I am sure you will want to stamp and play more ( I do when I am happier ).