Thursday, June 07, 2007

Male cards - UGH!

Do you find cards for men and boys hard to make? I have to say I certainly do, and once again I had to do a card for a boy. Not having a lot of cute sets at the moment (hoping to rectify that soon - Ahoy Matey seems to be growing on me lol) its really hard to come up with something at times.

I had to do a card for a party my son was going to - and finally found some inspiration using It's Your Birthday - when in doubt reach for a saying and a backgroundlol. A bit of piercing, some brads and the good old slit punch and I reckon it came up OK - what do you think?wink

All products used are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise stated.
Cardstock: Confetti White, More Mustard, Not Quite Navy and Old Olive
Ink: More Mustard, Old Olive, Not Quite Navy
Stamps used: It's Your Birthday, Itty Bitty Backgrounds, and Print Pattern
Accessories: Natural Twine, Earth Elements Brads, Crafters Tool Kit, and Slit punch

8 comments:

Heather S. said...

Wow, better than I would have been able to do. I'm still struggling on a birthday and father's day card for my Dad. His birthday is June 12 and father's day the following Sunday. Argh!

yvonne said...

I have just been asked to make 4 cards for teenage and yound adult boys and had really no ideas - give me butterflies and flowers anytime - so I like your idea of a BG stamp and wording, very effective, thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tracey, I too find it hard to make male cards but I can case this one as it is terrific. Thanks for sharing.
Robyn A

Anonymous said...

Oh noice one

Flea

Night Owl Designs said...

What a great card Tracey! Love the colours ;o)

Kylie said...

I struggle making boys cards too! Love what you have here though traci! gorgeousness :)

Jen said...

This is fab Trace, well done!

Paula said...

What a great male card. I always have trouble making them - I like pretty ones!!