Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Some cards

A girlfriend asked me to make her some thank you cards for an event she was attending over in the US - as usual I left it until the VERY last minute to get them done (yep, 10pm the night before she was flying out very early rolleyes). Since she's now been and gone and come home (Hi Karen - hope you had a ball!)... I figure I can show them on here now.

This was my very first attempt at a one-sheet-wonder - making 10 cards from one A4 stamped sheet of paper as the focal point on the cards! Wowee, what fun are these! I can see me making more of these - and smell a class in the making too biggrin.

Now I know this set is retired - but I really wanted to have one last splurge with it before I bite the bullet and sell it off on evil-bay! I think I shed tears when Toile Blossoms was on the retiring list here - I'd only had it for a couple of months so it has barely seen ink sad


This has used a simple colour scheme of Whisper White, Basic Black, with a hint of Bravo Burgundy - I think they came up OK! If you'd like a closer look leave me a comment and I'll post them all individually (have to get DS an after school 'snack' right now!). Oh and I had lots of fun playing with my new toy on these too - the Colour Spritzer (also affectionately known as the "snot sucker!")

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow these are gorg... she must have loved them.

Marelle Taylor said...

Gorgeous cards...Very elegant!

Wirginia said...

Ooo these are lovely Tracey and thanks for the reminder about the 10 from one A4 sheet, been needing a bit of inspiration lately. Glad I did buy this set too before it was retired ;)

hugs,
Wirg.
http://wirginia.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Noice very very nice

Cheers
Flea

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I must get that set ou again.

SarahJ

Night Owl Designs said...

They're beautiful, Tracey! Well done :o)

Anonymous said...

I had the privilege of seeing a couple of these in real life and they were simply stunning! I've been using more black lately too as it seems to just add class to your cards.

luvem Trace
Leonie

Alesha Walls said...

Very nice cards - I love all of your work! Consider yourself tagged. Please visit my blog at http://aleshawalls.blogspot.com for directions on how to play!

Anonymous said...

These are lovely AT! Love them! What a nice set :) Bummer its retired then lol

Claire said...

Tracey these are stunning. You are very talented. They are elegant and wow all in one!