Friday, November 09, 2007

Some scrapping!

Ok its been a long time since I've popped some work on here - and finally my camera is playing nicely - I think we're friends again rolleyes

This layout here is of my baby girl (not really a baby anymore, but she was toddling around when this picture was taken!)... it was created for the sketch challenge we were given at the LSBS retreat - waaaaaaay back in August redface.















I really love how this one turned out - nothing like the sketch - but oh well! The papers are both from the Fancy Pants range, a bit of Bazzill matting the photo (sorry I don't know the specifics of any of these anymore), rub-on title, some Prima tigerlily's, and a few bits of metal! I've actually removed the rub-on in the bottom right corner - and changed it to a swirly girly quote rub-on from Autumn Leaves, one of the Rhonna Farrer tins - gorgeous little tin chocka full of amazing rub-ons.... when it stops raining here, I'll go and take a new photo!





Close up of the flowers - I love these.










And some of the hand cutting.





Yes I cut the pattern paper out and the swirls in the bottom corner - if I remember rightly it was during my Sat night all nighter there in the wee early hours of the morning. Actually I love what I created at that time while I was away - lack of sleep seems to be good for me creatively, especially when in such awesome company!razzbiggrin

And just to prove that I DO scrap pictures of my boy - here is an old one of him. This is his "graduation" photo - from pre-school! lol Scary thing is though - he's going into Grade5 next year, so this was taken 6 years ago! He still looks much the same - just has a more sullen look on his face normally... I have no idea how I'm going to cope with teenage angst!
















This one was also created on the same retreat - for a challenge (that's all I got done all weekend - challenges!) This was the "time to reorder" challenge. We were given a random pack containing 2 co-ordinating papers - that had "TIME TO REORDER" splashed in the centre in great BIG letters, plus a 12x12 backing board from paper packs... and were told to create something... anything... but it HAD to use those papers and the chipboard in some way.

I'd stored this layout of PT's in my head for ages - so set about completely scraplifting it redface (how I remembered it anyway!) - figured it matched what I wanted to do perfectly. The hardest part about this whole layout was getting the darn colour just right on the chipboard brackets - I painted, and painted again, and then added some Iridescent medium and more paint, and then finally water-washed some ink on the top (all using the fabulous products supplied by the wonderful Michelle Roberts from Matisse - man I loved her tables, so much fun!).... and then I added Dimensional Magic on top and set them aside carefully to dry all night. I even resisted touching them during the night.. you know, just to check cool.














Well.... when I was finally allowed to get them, what did I find??? Yes they were dry - nicely too I might add.... but there was an added bonus..... of a bloody flying bug thingy stuck nicely inside the coating on one of them eek. Of course after absolutely no sleep, and only 3 hours sleep the night before, I had 2 choices, cry hysterically or laugh hysterically - I don't think I've ever found something so darn funny before!!!!

AND.... to top it off - the darn things had dried a touch too dark to match perfectly - AAAARGH!

No problems though - a few wonderful suggestions (and much mirth) later - some ribbons were nicely tied around the brackets (NO PT - I was NOT going to make the little bug a feature of the layout!), and a quick lesson once again from the wonderful Michelle Roberts and some Matisse ink was water-washed around the edges of the layout.... and no-one would have been any the wiser - except I've now blabbed it for the whole world to have a giggle!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous layouts Tracey... I knew you had it in you!

laughed about the bug... typical!

Carol Dunstan said...

Don't worry Tracey, we have mozzies painted into the walls (apparently, I didn't do the painting and I haven't gone looking). Great layouts though - don't you go switching sides on me!!!

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous AT just gorgeous

Anonymous said...

great post..........LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pages Tracey - gotta love those Prima flowers!