Friday, November 16, 2007

We're off to see the....

REGIONALS!!!! The wonderful regionals of OZ!

Ok now I have that song stuck in my head (remind me to share with you later what the final page of DH's PhD thesis said.....) - that's where I'm off to tomorrow, the first ever Sydney Regionals for Stampin' Up! We're the last of them for the year here - they've already had them in Brisbane, Perth and Melbourne - looks like they are missing Adelaide, sorry girls - maybe next year lol

Really looking forward to this, and to meeting up once again with some of my sidelines, cousins and the big bad mumma of us all, Angela. Not to mention meeting some wonderful gals that I haven't had a chance to connect with in real life until now, even though we have shared some great conversations and kindled some wonderful friendships online - it's so exciting to meet people when you're already friends from this wonderful tool we have here!

It IS with some trepidation that I'm heading along though - I was looking forward to a stress-free day of socializing, learning and most of all laughing.... but now I have tons and tons of nerves happening. I've been asked by Stampin' Up! to be one of the 4 local demos to present - on stage! - a WOW..... OMG! I have agonised and agonised for some time over this, but I think - well I hope - that the girls all like what I have come up with. I can't take all the credit though, it was the fabulous Relsi that helped me out here and did a wonderful step by step for a groovy 3D swirly star last weekend - so I'm pinching that (with her blessing of course) and doing it in our wonderful Holiday Thyme papers that we have available until Dec15 - for the fabulous price of $14.50, normally $16.95, for 12 sheets (and click here to get the pattern for the cracker on the flyer!!!). I'm loving myself sick over what I've done though (oops, does that sound like I have a big head - truly I don'tlol), and am thinking it may make a pretty cool class for the first week in December - some Christmas boxes, bows and decorations....stay tuned!

Plus I've been trawling the web for lots and lots of 3D ideas - pretty much anything that can be done in cardstock can also be done in our Double-sided papers since they are of a lovely 'almost cardstock' weight (truth be known they probably are of the same weight as some cardstocks!). I've had lots of fun putting together heaps of samples.... I'll post some pics later over the weekend - it's all packed away at the moment, ready to get going EARLY tomorrow morning!

So if you're reading this and you'll be there tomorrow, please pop over and say "hi!" - I'll be the one that is ghost-white and absolutely terrified....

I have to add though, I can't wait to see what the other Sydney gals do, so really looking forward to it all Lynn, Georgina (a fellow Elite stamper), and the wonderful Leonie (one of my fabulous team members)...... see you all bright and early tomorrow morning - I have to be at Leonie's at 6.30 AM - yes AM! to get to the convention centre by 8am! ACK!

4 comments:

Narelle said...

Hope the regionals went well!! Been thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome day it was hey Trace - well if we dont count the nerves and butterflies (the size of wombats) that we had. At least you did yours in the morning ... I had all day for my butterflies to breed inside!! It was great and want to do it again!

Helen Jolly said...

Hope it all went well chickie
How exciting!!!!!
cant wait to see all your work :)

Anonymous said...

You really do need to update more often, Mrs.

Well, I can't say much myself, but still! UPDATE! lol. always love your stuff. mmmmmmm SU!

ohs and i got a new blog :)