Sunday, May 06, 2007

Oh MY!

Oh my!

What an exciting, fun and tiring couple of days and nights that was!

Convention is just the most amazing thing I've ever experienced - I'm getting goosebumps just thinking about it now (how embarrassment!). It was so cool to meet people that I've 'known' for a couple of years online but never met in real life.... and to catch up again with other friends that I haven't seen in ages.

It was such a blast! I really don't have the words at the moment to describe it all...maybe that's the sleep deprivation starting to affect me, I don't really function all that well after 3 hours sleep for 3 nights in a row! LOL! My party started on Thurs night when Carol, Jenni and Kerri arrived from various parts of the country..... they were my house guests for convention - and I have to say I had an absolute blast catching up with them all, and having a few drinks and chatting and laughing. Then my downlines Leonie and Sharon (our extremely patient 'vengabus' driver) arrived on Friday morning to take us into Sydney... well Leonie was here on Thurs night too for a drink and a giggle and a natter, and was back again on Fri for the convention fun!

Shelli Gardner!!! Well what can I say about this amazing woman - she is just sooooo beautiful, generous, gracious and motivational. I feel so blessed to have been able to hear her speak, and meet her and give her a hug. Pics later (when I can find my camera!)

AND - I was sharing my house with 2 of the TOP 25 demos in Australia!!!!! Jenni and Kerri were absolutely gobsmacked to find out at check-in that they were part of this select and amazing group..... and so deserved. Actually, 5 of the top25 were part of my uplines group - including #3 Jayne Mercer. Congrats to Jayne, Alisa, Angela, Kerri and Jenni - you are all beautiful and inspirational women and I am so pleased to count you as friends!

Swapping was frantic and fun - and heaps and heaps of great ideas have been generously given to me by fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrators. This is such a lovely community to be part of, freely sharing ideas and inspiration would have to be something quite unique in a business, stampers and crafters in general seem to have the most amazing generosity of spirit, and to have the biggest 'hearts' I have ever seen.

Well thats enough for the moment - some updates with pics will be forthcoming either later tonight or tomorrow - I have to go and STAMP!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks Darlin you are a great hostess and although i am right now extremely tired i can still say that was the bestest weekend ever

Kerri

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your prompt post......so glad you enjoyed this great weekend......til next time huh!

Helen Jolly said...

so glad you had an awesome time its so great to finally meet up with people that you have met online ....im so looking forwards to LSBS retreat in august!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun (giggle)

Flea

Jen said...

Flea, fun was hardly the word! I haven't laughed so much in years I reckon, about time you signed up so you can come next year *insert cunning look*.

Trace you (and your long suffering family) were a fabbo host/hostesses, love ya!!

Tracey said...

I keep asking her Jen - I keep asking LOL :)

Deborah said...

Maybe me and Flea can sign up together on the one form/demonstrator thingy. Can we do that?